Industrial coating systems and top coats are the most important and often only practical solution for the protection of steel against corrosion, acid and fire. Lack of protection frequently leads to problems with the visual appearance of the structure and even more importantly, structural degradation and possible failure. Appropriate protective coatings and sensible, regular maintenance ensure long-term protection of steel structures and can avoid cost-intensive total repair or even decommissioning.
Sika’s Industrial Coatings Have Many Advantages
Specialized product matching and decades of experience enable us to offer practical, robust and high-performance acid protection, corrosion protection and fire protection coatings for a huge range of applications. Sika's systems take into account design life, operational requirements, surface design and installation details.
Sika corrosion protection coating systems for steel structures have been developed for a wide range of application fields:
- Traffic construction and infrastructure, e.g. bridges, airports and railway stations
- Interior and exterior steel structures, exposed to various environmental conditions
- Hydraulic steel structures
- Internal linings for tanks, vessels and pipework
- Wind energy turbines, onshore and offshore
- Power supply, e.g. power stations, pipelines or transmission towers
- Chemical industry
Each of these application fields has specific requirements in terms of mechanical and chemical resistance, temperature shock resistance, UV-resistance, design and surface preparation.
Sika fire protection systems have been developed to protect and preserve major building components like steel, wood and concrete, which are mainly used in the following markets:
- Transport and infrastructure
- Healthcare, education, leisure and culture
- Residential, commercial and administration buildings
- Pharmaceutical, chemical and electronic plants
Each of these markets have specific requirements in terms of fire resistance classes, application, and design. Sika is able to provide tailor-made solutions with fire resistance from 15 minutes up to 150 minutes.
Learn more about fire protective coatings for load-bearing structures.
Sika acid protection systems have been developed for a wide range of application fields:
- Lining of secondary containment bunds
- Lining and protection of production equipment in the chemical industry
- Interior linings of chimneys
- Internal lining of chemical storage tanks
- Mining industry
Each of these application fields has specific requirements in terms of mechanical, thermal resistance, chemical resistance, temperature shock resistance and surface preparation.
Sika’s Experts Provide Assistance to Benefit your Business
Contact a Sika expert near you for technical support and locally available products and systems.
Contact Sika's global representative in case you need our support in an international project.